Membership is a commitment to one another—a willing pledge to worship, protect, serve, share, support, and minister together for the building up of our church body.
Step 1: Membership Class
The membership class has a two-fold purpose:
- To provide an informal setting to learn what the pastoral staff, church, and Baptists in general believe on various topics. All are welcome, whether or not they are interested in membership.
- To give an opportunity for potential members to become acquainted with a pastor or deacon who can help them connect with one or more of the church’s ministries. The membership class is a requirement for church membership
Step 2: Baptism
If you have not yet been baptized as a believer by immersion, baptism is the next step to proceeding toward membership.
Step 3: Deacon Interview
You will meet with the pastors and deacons:
- To share how the Lord saved you.
- To confirm you have a good understanding of the meaning of church membership.
- To confirm that there are no biblically warranted concerns with your joining FBC as a member.
- To answer questions or help you find opportunities to connect at FBC.
Step 4: Congregation Affirmation
Each potential new member briefly shares his or her testimony to the church family and is received by congregational affirmation into First Baptist Church’s membership.