Membership is a commitment to one another—a willing pledge to worship, protect, serve, share, support, and minister together for the building up of our church body.
Step 1: Membership Class
The membership class has a two-fold purpose:
- To provide an informal setting to learn what the pastoral staff, church, and Baptists in general believe on various topics. All are welcome, whether or not they are interested in membership.
- To give an opportunity for potential members to become acquainted with a pastor or deacon who can help them connect with one or more of the church’s ministries. The membership class is a requirement for church membership
Step 2: Baptism
If you have not yet been baptized as a believer by immersion, baptism is the next step to proceeding toward membership.
Step 3: Leadership Review
During the membership process, you will discuss:
- How the Lord saved you.
- That you have a good understanding of the meaning of church membership.
- That there are no biblically warranted concerns with your joining FBC as a member.
- Questions or help you find opportunities to connect at FBC.
Step 4: Affirmation
Upon approval from the pastoral staff and deacons, each potential new member briefly shares his or her testimony to the church family and is received by congregational affirmation into First Baptist Church’s membership.